Your privacy is important to us, and maintaining your trust and confidence is one of our highest priorities. We respect your right to keep your personal information confidential and understand your desire to avoid unwanted solicitations, therefore, we never sell your information to any third parties. Additionally, we have an aggressive removal and archival process of any electronic material you send to our office. Please note that it is the responsibility of the client to encrypt any email contents sent to our offices.
We hope that by taking a few minutes to read our policy, you will have a better understanding of what we do with the information you provide us and how we keep it private and secure.
A. Types of Information We Collect
We collect certain personal information about you – but only when that information is provided by you or is obtained by us with your authorization. We use that information to access your holistic medical needs, process orders when requested by you and to contact you as needed.
Examples of sources from which we collect information include:
- consultation notes with you whether in person, phone or other electronic means,
- letters or e-mails from you,
- client history forms, disclaimers and disclosures
B. Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
As a general rule, we do not disclose personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone. However, to the extent permitted by law and any applicable state Code of Professional Conduct, certain nonpublic information about you may be disclosed in the following situations:
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
- In the course of a review of our company’s practices under the authorization of a licensing board, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board or organization. Dr. Skip, O.M.D., is licensed by the West Virginia Board of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine since 2003.
- As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
- To provide information to affiliates of the company and non-affiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, but only if we have a contractual agreement with the other party which prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed. (Examples: information required by vendors for services or products our offices order on your behalf and only by your explicit permission)
C. Confidentiality and Security of Nonpublic Personal Information
Except as otherwise described in this notice, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees of our company and other parties who must use that information to provide services to you. Their right to further disclose and use the information is limited by the policies of our company, applicable law, our Code of Professional Conduct, and nondisclosure agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or premature destruction.
- Credit Card Information: The offices of Dr. Skip does not store credit card information. Should you choose to store your credit card information with Squareup.com, FullScript.com, or any other invoicing system utilized by our offices, you are claiming responsibility.
- Electronic Communications: By providing us your email address and phone number you imply your authorization to communicate in this matter. As such, you assume liability for any lack of encryption, privacy, and/or data risk that is related to those methods of communication.
D. Website Security
The ASKDRSKIP.COM, PLLC, website employs a RapidSSL Certificate. RapidSSL offers the most cost-effective range of secure server certificates. Each certificate has over 99+% browser recognition and the highest level of encryption.
Thank you for allowing us to serve your holistic health needs. We value your business and are committed to protecting you privacy. We hope you view us as your most trusted adviser and we will work to continue earning your trust. Full transparency is a critical value of ASKDRSKIP.COM, PLLC, so should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us electronically or via our office line at (304) 634-9700.