Pelvic Pain Therapy for Women
Chronic pelvic pain can be debilitating and difficult to handle on a daily basis. Typically, pelvic pain can occur within the structures surrounding the female reproductive organs such as the urinary bladder, bowel, musculature, ligaments and bones. Pain may be coming from the reproductive organs themselves. Pelvic pain therapy sessions are most often used for PCOS, endometriosis, menstrual issues, painful sex or difficulty to orgasm, and for pain after childbirth. The therapy has been shown beneficial for people who suffer from frequent urination. If you are suffering from any of these issues, and want more information on our pelvic pain therapies, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Our pelvic pain sessions are based on Merciér Massage Therapy – a soft tissue visceral manipulative therapy technique used to help restore the health and general well-being within the female pelvis. Through Merciér Therapy we increase blood flow within the pelvis which supports pain relief and healing. This gentle and non-invasive external technique was created by Dr. Jennifer Mercíer to restore healing and balance to the female pelvis. Dr. Skip teaches this therapy internationally to other practitioners.
Mercíer Therapy pelvic pain sessions are typically done over a period of 4-6 weeks and we recommend a minimum of six (60 min.) sessions scheduled as close together as possible for maximum long-term benefit. This technique is done externally on the outside of the abdomen and requires no vaginal work. Appropriate referral to a urologist or gynecologist can be given for further evaluation.
Dr. Skip’s Pelvic Pain Therapy Session Includes:*
- Heat Therapy with modified Castor Oil Pack: may be applied to the abdomen prior to the bodywork to help improve circulation.
- Single dose Chinese Rx for Pain: provided before each treatment session to improve effectiveness of the body work (works within 30 min.). Alert us if pregnant or nursing as formula will need to be altered.
- Bodywork: Mercier Therapy with modernization of Tui Na with Vibracussion.
- Oxygen Therapy: will be administered to further increase the effectiveness of the bodywork and blood oxygen optimization while reducing soreness and bruising.
- Aromatherapy for relaxation to improve depth of body work.
- Magnesium or Progesterone: topical supplementation may be used, as needed, during therapy sessions.
- Pelvic Pain Protocol & Discharge Instructions provided for continued care at-home.
- Pelvic Pain Specific / Anti-Inflammatory Diet Plan for at-home use.
*TCM Rx’s, Supplements and Lab Work (functional and hormone) costs are additional based on need.
Add-on as needed:
- Scar Therapy: via Acupoint Injection to dissolve scar tissue that may be the causation of pain.
- Muscle Relaxer & Anti-Inflammatory: via Acupoint Injection (i.e. Magnesium and Homeopathics)
- Energy Boost: via Acupoint Injection (i.e. B Vitamin combo and Homeopathics)
Women who suffer from any of the following may benefit from pelvic pain therapy:
- Pelvic surgery of any kind such as: laparoscopy, laparotomy,
D&C, LEEP, abortion, cystocele or rectocele repair, C-section, bladder sling or hysterectomy
- Vaginal childbirth
- Sexual abuse trauma
- Urinary tract or Yeast Infection
- Painful Sex or difficulty to Orgasm