Depression, Anxiety & Stress Damage the Body
You may be wondering why we have grouped Depression, Stress and Anxiety in the same category. Despite their key differentiating characteristics, each one of these conditions has a similar physiological response within the body, causing chaotic fluctuations in the hormones, cortisol levels, neurotransmitters and spiking adrenaline. When our bodies become over stimulated and over taxed continuously, we can no longer maintain normal functioning and subsequently symptoms will inevitably develop. These symptoms of stress, depression and anxiety can very easily cause damage to your body in left untreated.
Symptoms can be different for everyone depending on their bodies and individual biological make up. However most of the symptoms below can be improved or controlled with holistic methods.
The most common symptoms of depression, anxiety and/or stress include:
- Fidgeting / Restless Leg Syndrome / Tics / Tourette’s
- Loss of sexual interest/drive
- Libido or Erectile dysfunction
- Lack of concentration
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Irritability / Depression
- Irritable Bowel
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Adrenal Fatigue / Burnout
- Bed Wetting
- Anxiety and Heart Palpitations
We are able to provide natural therapies for stress that will gradually bring your body back to its balanced state. Let us help you feel better, with our complementary options for depression, stress and anxiety.
- Hormone rebalancing and supplementation (also known as BHRT or bio-identical hormone replacement therapy) can be used to reduce chronic stress and the damage it causes your body. We may look at supplements to address the symptoms while we look at healing the root cause.
- Wellness / Functional Medicine evaluations to get complete picture of your overall health to optimize your metabolic, endocrine, hormonal and immunological functioning. Vitamin D levels are critical to address in cases of depression and stress. Remember to always take your vitamin D3 with vitamin K2.
Dr. Skip’s 60 min. Treatment Session for Stress & Anxiety Includes:*
- Heat Therapy for relaxation prior to treatment.
- Sonopuncture (via tuning forks) or Acupuncture (patient choice).
- Aromatherapy via Essential Oils for relaxation.
- Gentle vibracussion with modernization of Tui Na for stress.
- Optional Oxygen Therapy or Biofeedback Therapy during treatment.
- Single dose Homeopathic Remedy or TCM Tincture for stress (patient choice).
- Magnesium or Progesterone: topical supplementation may be used, as needed, during therapy sessions.
- Ear Acupuncture aka Auricular Therapy administered via ear seeds for continued stress post treatment.
- Stress Protocol & Discharge Instructions provided for continued care at-home.
- Stress & Anxiety Specific Diet Plan for at-home use.
*Additional TCM Rx’s, Supplements and Lab Work (functional and hormone) costs are additional and based on need.