Depression, Anxiety & Stress Damage the Body
You may be wondering why we have grouped Depression, Stress and Anxiety in the same category. Despite their key differentiating characteristics, each one of these conditions has a similar physiological response within the body, causing chaotic fluctuations in the hormones, cortisol levels, neurotransmitters and spiking adrenaline. When our bodies become over stimulated and over taxed continuously, we can no longer maintain normal functioning and subsequently symptoms will inevitably develop. These symptoms of stress, depression and anxiety can very easily cause damage to your body in left untreated.
Common Symptoms of Depression, Stress and Anxiety
Symptoms can be different for everyone depending on their bodies and individual biological make up. However most of the symptoms below can be improved or controlled with holistic methods.
The most common symptoms of depression, anxiety and/or stress include:
- Fidgeting / Restless Leg Syndrome / Tics / Tourette’s
- Loss of sexual interest/drive
- Libido or Erectile dysfunction
- Lack of concentration
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Irritability / Depression
- Irritable Bowel
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Adrenal Fatigue / Burnout
- Bed Wetting
- Anxiety and Heart Palpitations
We are able to provide natural therapies for stress that will gradually bring your body back to its balanced state. Let us help you feel better, with our complementary options for depression, stress and anxiety.
Holistic Therapies for Anxiety, Depression & Stress
- Hormone rebalancing and supplementation (also known as BHRT or bio-identical hormone replacement therapy) can be used to reduce chronic stress and the damage it causes your body. We may look at supplements to address the symptoms while we look at healing the root cause.
- Stress management protocol and relaxation techniques to help manage anxiety in increased times of stress. Click here to learn more on how to manage stress.
- Wellness / Functional Medicine evaluations to get complete picture of your overall health to optimize your metabolic, endocrine, hormonal and immunological functioning. Vitamin D levels are critical to address in cases of depression and stress. Remember to always take your vitamin D3 with vitamin K2.
- Sonopuncture is a unique therapy using tuning forks. Sonopuncture helps you to relax and be balanced using sound as medicine to stimulate acupuncture points and deep relaxation. This is a very effective therapy for chronic stress or depression.
Nutritional Medicine can and should always be addressed when dealing with any mal-functioning in the body. It is never a bad idea to increase our consumption of organic vegetables, decrease sugar and complex carbohydrate consumption, avoid all artificial sweeteners and low-and no-fat foods. Get some sunlight and drink a glass of Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar water if you are feeling depressed or down.