Menstrual Issues and Irregularities
At our North Dallas holistic wellness center we deal with a variety of issues related to menstruation. Common issues we treat may involve the menstruation cycle being unpredictable or inconsistent in its beginning and ending times. Other issues we help treat range from limited discharge to large amounts of uterine discharge, heavy clotting with your cycle and painful periods.
What Symptoms are Treatable?
- Menstrual Issues: are a group of symptoms that many women experience each month with a wide range of problems and symptoms from emotional disturbances such as anxiety and depression to debilitating abdominal pain and headaches requiring high doses of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Midol, ibuprofen, acetaminophen or Excedrin. Many of these symptoms while widely uncomfortable are usually very simple to balance through holistic methods that can have you feeling better quickly.
- PMS (Pre-Menstrual Syndrome): Prior to the start of menstruation women may experience a variety of symptoms including abdominal pain, bloating, heavy and painful periods, breast tenderness, depression, anxiety, headaches, sleep issues, mood swings and constipation. We are able to treat many of these symptoms through simple changes.
- Peri-Menopause and Menopause: Menopause is commonly associated with undesirable symptoms include things like vaginal dryness, night sweats, breast tenderness, loss of libido, weight gain in all the wrong places, fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, depression and irritability. With our treatments we are able to calm these symptoms to ease the transition into menopause.
What can Dr. Skip do to help me?
- Hormone Evaluation: of progesterone, DHEA, estrogen, cortisol levels, testosterone and a subsequent consultation to provide you with a personal hormone balancing protocol tailored to your individualized results. Click here to read more on Bio-identical Hormone Rebalancing Therapy.
- Abdominal work: to restore the blood flow to the organs in the abdomen and reduce inflammation and scar tissue. Chinese Mugwort with a process known as moxabustion can be performed over the abdomen to help balance the body and reduce pain/inflammation by the application of the warm herb being placed directly over areas of pain. Oxygen may also be employed to reduce inflammation and increase recovery. Click here for more information on Mercier Therapy for Pelvic Pain that may be related to PCOS, Endometriosis or others.
- Lifestyle/Nutrition: Where discussions of issues that you yourself may be doing to make your condition worse and what and how you should eat and why. Why you should never diet or use non-fat and artificial sweetened products, ever. Click here for more information on Wellness Consultations.
Other factors or issues to be evaluated may include: sugar imbalances, hypoglycemia, estrogen dominance, PCOS polycystic ovarian syndrome and infertility. Additionally, adrenal fatigue, diabetes, thyroid and other endocrine based disordered may need additional evaluation as dictated by symptoms being experienced and presented at time of your consultation to quickly facilitate the return of homeostasis in the body.
How can I find you?
Use the ‘BOOK NOW’ button to schedule your in-person or virtual consultation.
We know that once you have your initial consultation with Dr. Skip, you will leave his office confidently educated with control over your health. We look forward to partnering with you on your holistic wellness journey.