If you experience uncontrolled high blood pressure, high cholesterol and/or smoke you are at risk for heart disease. There are many things you can do proactively to reduce your risk.
First: Live a Healthy Lifestyle:
- Avoid smoking or tobacco use
- Maintain a healthy diet and weight. BMI is a good gauge.
- Work towards 30 minutes of exercise a day (talk to your doctor first before entering into any exercise program)
- Omega-3 fatty acid supplements help reduce a high risk of heart disease
- Limit your alcohol consumption to no more than one a day if possible