What do I need in preparation for an online / virtual consultation?
- Communication Device: Virtual implies the use of technology to supplement or replace the face to face experience.
- Voice Only: You will need a phone, whether cell or landline, if you are comfortable with voice only. For smartphone users, in addition to utilizing cell phone service, we also accept ‘voice only’ for Skype or FaceTime, if that is your preference.
- Video Conferencing: For those that would prefer a more intimate experience, video conferencing may be more preferable. Our office uses Skype and/or FaceTime (Apple users receive by default with an Apple ID), but there are many additional video conferencing apps that exist. Therefore, if you do not already have an account you may need to request one. Click here for a Skype account (link).
- Note-taking: You may wish to have any questions for Dr. Skip written in advance and be prepared to take notes during your consultation with the answers to your health inquiries.
- Notebook / Pen: I have a tendency to be a little more old school and find that nothing replaces a notebook and pen that I keep with my person at all times.
- Online Note taking: These options are endless these days, however, I find that OneNote is by far my favorite because of the ease by which to type from any device whether PC, Laptop or mobile device and the syncing across all devices. I have however, heard good things about EverNote, but have not used it much myself.
- Previously Submitted Forms / Information: It may be helpful to have your Patient Intake Information either pulled up online or a copy in front of you, should Dr. Skip have any questions about a particular entry you made. If you sent in prior labs, Dr. Skip may also reference these and in order to follow along having these available will avoid confusion. Click here to for intake forms and instructions.
- Hands-free: This is fairly important in order to give you the ability to take notes. This may be as simple as utilizing a pair of headphones, a Bluetooth device or even placing the conference on speaker.
- Private & Secure Space: Having a noiseless location that you can speak freely cannot be under emphasized to avoid distraction and interference that may come through as a result of a virtual / online homeopathic consultation. Planning this space in advance will make the experience more enjoyable.
How do I book an online / virtual consultation:
Use the ‘Book Now’ button in the upper right hand corner of this page, and please make a note in your reservation that you want this request virtual, so Dr. Skip knows you will not be present at our office.