What is ADHD and ADD?
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- ADD Attention Deficit Disorder
Both of these disorders are virtually identical plus or minus the symptom of the “hyperactivity”. ADD & ADHD are neurological-psychiatric disorders which are rooted in issues related to brain chemicals/neurotransmitters, stress hormones, food allergies and/or sensitivities (including wheat & gluten intolerances) among other endocrine and metabolic problems arising from nutritional deficiencies like magnesium, vitamin d and iodine. Every person whether adult or child suffering unnecessarily should be evaluated for foundational health issues and cared for holistically as to address individual symptoms’ combined with laboratory results for maximum effectiveness in improving symptoms and quality of life.
What symptoms would I expect if I suffer from ADHD or ADD?
Inability to concentration and focus at work and school. Forgetfulness, excessive daydreaming, easily bored, difficulty following through and completing tasks, easily distracted, hyperactivity, frigidity, restless and insomnia for starters. Suffers can simultaneously experience many other issues as well like: anxiety, depression, headaches, tics, IBS, anger, leg and muscle cramps.
What can Dr. Skip do to help me?
- As a Holistic Doctors in Dallas, we work diligently to get to the root of any medical concerns brought to our clinic. This is no different. Recommendations would be centered around individual concerns and usually begin with evaluation of neurotransmitters, functional endocrine evaluation, sleep hygiene, dietary habits, food sensitivities, stress and adrenal health.
- Food sensitivities and allergy elimination diets can be discussed to reduce toxic burden on the body dragging down proper functioning. Diet and nutrition are critical components overall creating and imbalance with proper neurological functioning.
- Stress Management and Breathing Techniques to learn maintaininDDg and/or regaining focus, reduce mind chatter and increase concentration while reducing stress. Research shows us that employing stress management techniques like mediation can help to normalize cortisol levels assisting in healing our adrenal glands.
How can I find you?
We know that once you have your initial consultation with Dr. Skip, you will leave his office confidently educated with control over your health. We look forward to partnering with you on your wellness journey.
- Dr. Skip is available by appointment only at his Uptown Dallas Office (click here for Google Maps). Call us at (972) 530-4609 to schedule a consultation in person or virtually (via phone, Skype or FaceTime).
- Contact us online via our contact form at www.askdrskip.com/contact. Please provide us a few options for scheduling opportunities.